Monday, December 6, 2010

It's been a while

I'm still not sure if blogging is my thing but I'm going to give it another try. I have recently been motivated (both internally and externally) to get back on the racing wagon after doing recreational running since finishing grad school. Yes, I have completed some challenging races but I never focused on my training like I really should have. Ultimately, that led to little aches and pains and a nagging lack of desire to roll out of bed and hit the trails. Therefore, with a decent base built up I have decided to focus on the quality over quantity and will start 2011 off with the P.F. Chang's Rock-n-Roll half in Phoenix, AZ. I have tentatively inked a few more races scattered throughout the first half of the year with the climax being the Cascade Crest 100 miler in August. In addition, I will be looking for some AR on the east coast for cross-training. Below is the current plans:

January 16th: PF Chang 1/2 in Phoenix, AZ
February 26th: Xterra 1/2 in Winder, GA
March 7th: Napa Full
April: ????
May 28th: Pocatello 50M in Pocatello, ID
June:
July: ???
August 27-28: Cascade Crest 100M in Easton, WA

Happy running!

No comments: