Friday, February 25, 2011

Georgia on my mind

Laura and I are heading to Winder, GA for the Xterra trail half marathon followed by some mountain biking in the state park. Considering I have just started running again on a regular basis I am going into this 'race' as a training run and a gauge of where I stand in terms of my knee. Currently, I'd say I'm about 80%....the knee has felt good but I still have some sore muscles due to the heel insert I've been running on. Well, at least that's why i think their sore. Maybe I'm just really out of shape but I guess we'll find out. My legs just don't fell fresh. With that said, I'll hang my ego up at the start line and shoot for a 2:00 hr goal. If, at any time, my knee starts acting up I will pull out and take my first DNF. Either way, I'm excited to have a couple nights of camping and the ability to dust off the mountain bike before the end of February. Have a great weekend and Happy Running!

1 comment:

The Luke said...

Great job with the run dude! Glad the knee held up and you guys got to do some MTB!

Cheers!